Culinaryfriends.com is a site that allows users to meet the love of their life through mutual appreciation of all things food. Whether you are a feeder, someone who loves to experiment in the kitchen or the king or queen of spice, you might very well find exactly what you are looking for here.
Culinaryfriends.com was established over ten years ago and forms part of the Friends Worldwide, Inc group. This niche market has out-muscled many others to the forefront of online dating as food has become more of a focal point in many of our lives. So, whether you are on the look-out for long-term love or a cheeky roll in the flour, grab your knife and fork and start the search for your perfect match.
Creating a profile and sign up process
The sign-up process for Culinaryfriends.com is as easy as pie (no more food jokes, we promise).
You can create a unique username and password (avoid using your real name or adding any personal details here). You will need this whenever you want to log in. You will also need a valid email address.
You will then be directed to another page once you have created your username and password. You need to create a headline or introductory phrase for your profile here.
Users should give details about marital status and aim to describe themselves by choosing from a long list of generic physical attributes such as:
- Eye color
- Hair color
- Body type
How does it work?
You are now ready to start at this point. Click the ‘let’s start’ tab and you can take your first step towards possible culinary romance. At first you will see a menu full of images of eligible singles upon entering the site.
These singles will match the criteria you outlined on your initial search. This will certainly tickle your taste buds (ok we couldn’t resist). You only truly appreciate the extent of singles available when you first encounter the site’s extensive database.
At this point users can upload some photos of themselves to attract potential dates and spice up your profile. It is worth pointing out that your photo will need to be approved by the site before it can be uploaded. Please avoid nudity or offensive content.
Your profile will be 20% complete by this point of the sign-up process. You can begin to fill in any additional information by clicking the ‘click here to complete’ tab. This additional information is split into four sections: About me, I am seeking, My introduction and My photos.
Here you can make a list of hobbies and interests to find matches with similar pastimes. Of course, a love of food will feature heavily here. You should also use this section to express your feelings about children, smoking, drinking and politics.
This basic information is vital in the construction of your profile. It also gives an insight into your traits and beliefs to potential dates. It is essential to answer as honestly as possible here.
It might mean the difference between finding true love or a series of unsuccessful matches. This data is used to find appropriate matches for you. Choose your responses carefully if you want to find true love on this site.
I am Seeking:
You are invited, at this point, to outline the exact attributes that will make up your perfect match. Think of it as a recipe for your ideal partner.
You should begin by choosing the marital status of a potential partner you are most comfortable with and select further by ethnicity. You can then basically build your perfect match by selecting the attributes you find most desirable from a long list.
Here is where you actually get to express yourself by using your own words as opposed to choosing from a generic list. You can show off your unique personality and sense of humor to attract a date. Initially, you will need to create a headline that sums up what you are looking for from Culinaryfriends.com. You can see the headline at the top of your profile and search results. Choose your words carefully. Try to sum yourself up briefly in a snappy phrase.
You can also create an introduction telling potential partners about yourself and what you look for in a match. Don’t worry if words make your head spin. The site kindly offers an example introduction to spark your imagination. The words will come flowing out of you in no time.
A nice touch from the site is the section allowing you to describe each of the following:
- your ideal first date
- your favorite place
- your favorite things
- the music and films you love
Here you can flirt a little and show off your playful side.
You might be wise to fill in all of these sections in one go. It can be tempting to leave them with a view to ‘fill them in later’. But don’t let your eagerness to get started get the better of you. You will find the best possible matches from this data, trust us. It can be disappointing for you if you decide to fill this information in later.
This section is pretty self-explanatory. You should upload your best photos to attract a potential date.
The site allows you to upload a maximum of 10 photos onto your profile page, but your main photo needs to have a clear image of your face on it.
The site accepts uploads in jpeg, gif, bmp, png and tiff formats only. As with most dating sites, nude photos are not permitted, and all photos will be assessed by the site before approval.
You will now be ready to explore the site fully to find the cream to your coffee or the mac to your cheese.
Finding a Match
You can scan several images to see if anyone catches your eye, and once you see someone who takes your fancy you can explore their profile and read about their interests.
You will be able to comment on the information they have included in their profile which is a unique addition. This allows you to ask specific questions and can be the start of a little flirting. However, you will not be able to read any response on a basic membership. Read below for further details.
You might be looking for a quick meet up and the search tab allows you to do this. You can find a compatible match in your local area by searching country, state and city to narrow users down. This feature is similar to that of Tinder and ideal if you don’t want anything too serious.
Free vs. Premium Account
Culinaryfriends.com offers a basic free subscription to all its users. The benefits of the basic membership allow you to:
- Send a receive winks
- Send & receive meets
- Send photo likes
- Search for matches
- Create a profile & appear in search results
- Post your photos
- Gain mobile access
- Add/remove favorites
If you upgrade to a premium membership, in addition to all of the benefits of a basic membership, you will also be able to:
- Start new emails/conversations
- Connect faster with IM
- See who’s viewed your profile
- Advanced search features
- Receive new features first
- Optimize profile by highlighting
- Optimize profile as top listed
- Read & reply to emails
There is a choice of two pay monthly membership plans which are quite frankly essential if you want to get the most out of this site. You cannot verbally communicate with your matches on the basic plan, you can only wink at them. You have to upgrade to a premium package in order to open a dialogue. This can be very frustrating, especially when you can see messages in your inbox from various users but can simply not access them.
- The first plan costs $16.99 per month for six months.
- The second plan costs $20.99 per month for three months
The ‘Meets’ feature is another means of communicating with users who catch your eye. You will be allowed to search through various profiles that meet your criteria. You can vote for those who catch your eye by requesting a meet. Once you have requested to meet, the site will inform you if the user wishes to meet you too and the rest is up to you. The one snag with the meet feature is that most of the users on the site reside in the US. This is fine if you reside there too. However, if you are a user from Europe or Australia, you may find it more difficult to meet a local match.
How do I know if I’ve made any matches?
The site will inform you when you via email when you have received a wink from a user and also when your profile has been favorited. You will also receive a notification when your profile has been ‘checked out’. This will naturally be an intriguing and exciting email but be warned: you will have to upgrade your membership to read any messages sent to you.
Is the site safe, security savvy, and easy to contact?
If you feel unsafe at any point whilst using the Culinaryfriends.com site, you are able to block users by using the ‘quick links’ heading on your home page and scrolling down to ‘blocked profiles’. When you click this, you will be taken to a page that allows you to type in the details of the member you wish to block.
You can also unblock a member you have previously block by scrolling through an archived list of names.
It is important to report any unwanted attention, messages or abusive comments to the site via the contact us tab. This will allow you to send an email directly to the site, reporting your issue. The site’s offices are open between 9-5pm from Monday- Friday and they promise to reply promptly in order to solve your issue.
You are unable to control who views your profile. This is because searching profiles is a free feature of the site. You might choose to select a username that disguises your real name. This will allow you to maintain a level of security. It is also important that you do not reveal any personal details in your profile or to another user until you are sure they are trustworthy.
Am I able to deactivate or delete my account?
If you find that Culinaryfriends.com is not for you, it is easy to delete your account. Simply go to the home page and scroll down to the ‘My Membership’ tab under quick links. You should then be directed to a page with an option to ‘delete my profile’. Once you click on this, you will be asked one more time by the site whether you wish to delete your profile. Simply click yes, and your profile will be removed from the site.
Does Culinaryfriends.com work?
It is now estimated that 19% of all relationships worldwide start online and it is estimated that by 2031 this figure will rise to over 50%. Online dating sites, such as Culinaryfriends.com, allow you to find a partner however obscure the niche.
There are no clear statistics on the success of Culinaryfriends.com in terms of new relationships. However, there are a number of online testimonials that attest to its power and ability to find love for foodies the whole world over.
There are a number of similar apps on the market, designed for Christians to find their soulmate:
- The site’s rigorous sign-up process means that you really won’t be matched with anyone who does not meet your specific needs or requirements in a partner. The information you give when creating your profile means that you will only make serious matches based on your views on politics, marriage and children. This means that you can avoid any unnecessary matches that might waste your time.
- The site is very security conscience and is very aware of some of the pitfalls of online dating including unwanted nudes or graphic content. The site scans all photos to ensure appropriateness and deals with all complaints against users very promptly.
- Finding potential dates who share the same beliefs as you can be time-consuming and very difficult. This site eliminates this often-frustrating trawling and does most of the leg work for you.
- The site is very user-friendly and is not overloaded with complex information or gimmicks. Particular sections are very easy to find, and site navigation is generally obstacle free. It is simple to scroll through images of potential matches to find someone who catches your eye. The site allows you to search via location, meaning you can find a date within close proximity to your location.
- While the site offers users a variety of exciting and interactive features, the best ones are really only available for paying members. if you have a basic membership, you will not be able to send messages to any potential matches. You will also be unable to read any messages sent to you.
- Culinaryfriends.com is not as prominent on the dating market as some of its more popular competitors. The number of users on the site is far fewer than others. This might limit the amount of potential dates available to you. You may need to broaden your search, especially when it comes to location.
- There is always a possibility, as with all dating apps, that users may provide fake information which makes it difficult to judge whether you can trust the person you are talking to. You must remain on your guard and not reveal any personal information until you feel absolutely comfortable with your match.
- It is disappointing that the customer service feature only offers an email address. There is no direct contact number. The lack of a phone number means that an instant response is very unlikely, despite the site’s promise to respond to all messages promptly. You may have to wait a while until your problem can be resolved or your question answered.
To Sum It Up
Culinaryfriends.com is one of the best dating sites for food -lovers from all over the world. The sign-up process is easy and accessible. If you are dreaming of making a match with a similar love of food this is certainly the site for you.
The site regularly updates activity on your profile and see if users have read about you, liked you or winked at you. Culinaryfriends.com is the perfect place if you find regular dating site a little too generic. This is the site for you if you love cooking, love eating or are just looking for a little spice in your life.