There are a few things that girls love in a guy, and they may be the exact opposite of what you think. You may be under the impression that you’re impressing her with your huge muscles, macho personality, enormous motorbike or the huge fish you caught two weeks ago.
And you might find a girl that way but if you want to know how to get a girl to like you, rather try these simple things:-
- Be honest.
- Make her laugh.
- Show your emotions.
- Be kind.
- Be interesting and be interested.
- Listen well.
- Keep it real.
Most men and women meet online these days. This means you need to be pretty savvy online so that you can get past online and on to a real date.
Being savvy does not mean being smooth.
So what is it?
It means being real and being who you are, without any lies or nonsense, just fabulous honesty. You don’t have to be gorgeous, you don’t have to be cool, but you do have to be you. And you need to be a little bit interesting too.
Let’s take a look at how to get a girl to like you so that when you say ‘Let’s meet for coffee or a drink,’ she finds you totally irresistible.
Sure, girls like sexy but they also like real. To be honest, they want real way before they want sexy. Have a good look at your profile pic and think about if a girl is going to find it attractive and interesting. Upload a few pics, each one a little different from the other.
Of course you are going to find your good angles, everyone does, but don’t do any photo shopping.
Keep it real and put up a few different pics, three or four. You could do one ordinary one, one of you with your dog (or cat or rabbit), one on a holiday and perhaps one enjoying a delicious meal, some great music or a bit of theater.
There are few things you should NOT do with your profile pic.
Nobody wants to see the huge fish you may or may not have caught a few weeks ago. Nobody wants to see you without a shirt on. And nobody wants to see you with an ex-girlfriend. Be smart. Be amusing. Be interesting. And leave the macho stuff behind.
Your Dating Bio
Some people like long dating bios, others like short. We feel you need to do a little bit of both. Remember, if you want to know how to impress a girl, you do need to be interesting.
This does not mean lie, never do that, but do be amusing. Don’t try to be overly funny with every sentence or it gets to be a bit much, but try and do a good balance of ordinary, funny, amusing, witty with a little bit of a wow factor.
The whole idea is how to get a girl to like you. Think what she would be impressed by – genuine, interesting and amusing – and be a little of all of these in your bio.
You’ve matched. Now what?
Great, you have a match. Now you are ready for the next step. If you want to know how to impress a girl once you have the match, here you are:-
- Be speedy.
- Be kind.
- Be interested.
- Listen well.
- Take the lead.
When we say be speedy, we mean – don’t wait three days before you say hello. This shows a serious lack of disinterest. You are both on a dating site for the same reasons – to meet someone – so don’t pretend otherwise.
After your match, say hello. If you happen to be busy at work, tell her you’d love to chat later, and perhaps make a time. It’s important that you take the lead. This doesn’t mean be autocratic. But if you want to know how to get a girl to like you, be democratic and decisive.
Think of an interesting opening line.
Here’s the thing:
The girls are probably talking to a lot of men on various dating apps. You want to stand out from the rest. You need to know how to impress a girl.
When you introduce yourself by saying ‘Hello, how was your day?’, believe us when we say everybody says something like that.
Rather say something a little unique, a little different, even a little funny. Don’t be outrageous and don’t be overtly sexy. That can be a turn off. But try some of these opening lines, without being too predictable.
Here are a few suggested dating app opening lines.
- Hey. I’m here, coffee in hand. Please tell me you like coffee too.
- Good to meet you. It’s spring. Doesn’t the jasmine smell beautiful?
- Hello. I’ve been indoors all day and finally I’m outside, the sun is setting and the sky looks great. Any chance you can see it too?
- I’m really bad at knowing how to ask a girl out but here I am, trying again. And trying to keep it real. Good to meet you Susan, I’m Jared.
- I try not to use emoji too much but hey, who’m I kidding, they’re so helpful in breaking the ice. (and add a whole bunch of emoji)
Once you decide you like each other, Meet.
We’re in the age of online dating where men and women often spend ages talking to each other but never get it together to meet in real life. But this is what we think you should do. If you want to know how to impress a girl, don’t waste too much time. If you get on well chatting online, move it to a real platform.
Ask her out.
Suggest a date that is going to be easy. Coffee is always great and so is a walk in the park.
If you both seem keen, suggest a dinner. Find a restaurant that isn’t too noisy so it’s easy to talk. The same goes with a coffee date by the way. Stay away from the very hip and trendy places where you have to yell at each other.
If you want to know how to get a girl to like you, be decisive. Find somewhere that is convenient for you both, suggest a time, a place and a date and go for it – take it offline fairly quickly. You are going to meet and either hate each other, really like each other or just be friends.
Go for it!
What is the best way to ask a girl out?
Remember we suggested that you be quite strong and take the lead? Well, this is good dating advice. If you want to know how to ask a girl out, well, if you like her, just do it.
Pluck up the courage and say ‘Hey. Would you like to go out?’ It’s not that hard, is it? And the worst that can happen is she says no thank you, or not yet, or maybe next week.
Here are a few ways you can ask a girl out without feeling too awkward.
- You seem really nice. What do you think about meeting for a coffee tomorrow? That way we know if we should carry on talking or not. What do you think?
- Hey. We get on so well online. I’m going to suggest we meet for a drink one evening this week. What do you think?
- I know it seems quick but there’s a jazz concert I want to go to at Central Park this Sunday. Any chance you’d like to come with me? I think it’s going to be incredible.
- It’s been so good talking to you. Shouldn’t we carry on over a dinner?
- I live in Brooklyn. Where are you? If not too far, how about we go for a walk. You can meet my dog and me at the same time!
If you want to know how to ask a girl out the first time, keep it light. If she rejects you, it may not be about you. It may be too soon for her, she may be busy or there could be a whole lot of reasons.
If you continue to chat online, on your dating app, then ask her again in a few days. If she says no a second time, that’s okay, she is at least still talking to you. If you get a no for a third time, it’s probably a good idea to withdraw.
But hopefully you’re proving to be irresistible with all the above dating advice and that never happens!
What about dating pick up lines?
Some girls like classic pick up lines, others find them predictable. You need to do what you feel comfortable with. Don’t say something, a pick up line, if it is really the opposite of your personality.
But if you feel that a pick up line could work for you, here are a couple of really good ones.
- You’re gorgeous, I’ve been crushing on you all my life.
- I like you, wanna be my Tinderella?
- This could indeed be love at first swipe. Hellooooooo.
- On my way to the grocery store. Need anything?
- And here are a couple of the funniest pick up lines that we’ve heard. Just remember, you need to be prepared for a funny answer and a little bit of banter.
- I’m afraid you need to leave, you make the other girls look bad.
- Any chance you have an inhaler? You took my breath away.
- Supper? Know what’s on the Menu? It’s ME n U. Hahaha silly I know…
- Hey hello, the doctor says I’m lacking Vitamin U.
Okay, some of these are just plain corny but they are some of the funniest pick up lines too. Remember, girls like to be made to feel special, they love humor, they like wit and they like to be made to feel unique.
How to Make A Girl Feel Special
The tricky thing about dating apps is that people do become a bit jaded, especially if they’ve been on the dating circuit for a fair amount of time. The best way to make a girl feel special, and how to get a girl to like you, is to show proper interest in her.
You don’t want to go through a list of questions, that can actually be a bore, but genuinely listen to what she has to say. And keep listening. If she is telling you about her work, listen and ask the right questions. If she is telling you about her family, listen and engage in an appropriate way.
Girls like to be heard. Don’t interrupt and give her your best attention.
You can make a girl feel special by showering her with gifts and flowers but you don’t need to do this, or want to do this, when you’re first meeting online. The best way to make her feel special is to be present and to be in the moment when you talk to her.
Be interested in her and what she does and make yourself interesting too. If you want to know how to get a girl to like you, you need to like yourself. We know that sounds odd but don’t tell a girl you have the most boring job in the world or you hate the place where you live.
Be positive and tell her all the good aspects of your job, the great things about your neighborhood, the interesting things going on all around you.
Girls like positivity, by the way. If you want to know how to impress a girl, be positive. Say yes a lot more than you say no. And always, always, listen.
What are the best free dating apps on the market?
This is a good time to talk about dating apps. Chances are, you are meeting girls online or at least, wanting to meet girls online.
There are dating apps for different markets and so you do want to find the dating app that is the right match for you.
If you are young, carefree and looking for a casual hook up, maybe Tinder is right for you. If you’re looking for a relationship, perhaps a more structured dating app is your style. There are some amazing dating apps on the market and we are going to give you a list of what we think are the best free dating apps.
Take a look:
- Tinder | A lot of people have found love on Tinder and a lot of people have found sex too. Tinder is still the most widely used online dating apps and is one of the best free dating apps on the market.
- Bumble | Bumble is a dating app where women make the first move. We like this. It’s one of the best free dating apps on the market. If you’re on Bumble, it also shows women that you quite like a level playing field.
- Hinge | Hinge is a dating app where you hook up within your social circle, either with friends or friends of friends. You can also personalize your information in such a way that humor and wit are key. It’s one of the best free dating apps for men and women.
- Match | We like this as a more serious dating app. A lot of people over 30 use match.com, maybe because it doesn’t have that kind of ‘casual hook up’ reputation. Check it out, it’s quite an in-depth dating site and you can certainly find out a lot of information about the other person.
There are a lot of dating apps on the market. It’s a good idea not to only think of online dating though. Some of the best interactions, or most surprising ones, can be with the women you meet in the line at the grocery store, while waiting in the bank, or in the coffee shop.
Be chatty, don’t be too forward, and if you want to know how to impress a girl, always be interested in her, listen to her, be kind, be caring and be genuine.
Here is a quick recap on how to get a girl to like you.
Don’t be scared of dating apps. They work and if you chat to people, you will be amazed at how many good online dating success stories there are. You may not meet the women of your dreams immediately. You may have to swipe left a few times. Or swipe right.
There may be a few rejections. But if you follow the guidelines – be real, be honest, be kind, listen well, show interest, have a sense of humor and be patient – you are going to meet and impress a girl pretty quickly.
The right girl is out there for you. Once you’ve matched, take the plunge, see if she likes you, and ask her out. Go slowly. And good luck. Love is waiting for you.