Referred to as Jewish Tinder, the app is one of the leading niche dating sites that has grown rapidly amongst the global Jewish community. It now boasts millions of users worldwide and is widely known for its experiential live events, parties and commitment to the Jewish community.
Creating a profile and sign up process
Registering for a new account on JSwipe is simple. You simply use your Facebook account to sign-up and the app will draw details from your pages such as name, profile picture, and age. The app, unfortunately, does not have any other option to sign up, you must have a Facebook account.
Next, you need to fill in more personal details such as choosing a Jewish whether you identify as Jewish, orthodox, traditional, conservative, reform, willing to convert, and other for the “Identity” section and if you keep Kosher.
Under the settings section, select your age range, distance, and gender of the people you are looking to meet. Next, you have an “About Me” section where you are able to write a brief description about yourself. Here, you can also indicate your profession and educational background.
Find Your Special Someone — Click to join the Meetopolis community to make local connections for love and friendship.
You will complete the registration process by uploading up to 4 profile photos.
JSwipe works primarily by using information from your Facebook page. What is listed under your interests or page likes on Facebook is what will appear on your JSwipe profile unless you edit that first.
How does it work?
This app works similar to Tinder with a swiping feature. When you swipe right to a profile, a star of David – the founder smiles at you and when you and frowns when you swipe left. When you match up with someone, you get a Mazel Tov – which is a celebratory sign among the Jewish people and you can start chatting away.
The profiles appear just like on Tinder but with an additional detail about how you identify whether Jewish, Orthodox, if you willing to convert and if you keep kosher. The site has different symbols that help with navigation. For instance, the blue thought bubble which shows your matches, chats, and people who have liked you.
The app uses a matching algorithm that uses your data and set preferences to find you the most compatible matches. Once the profiles show up on your timeline and the two parties mutually swipe right, then it’s a match and you can begin to communicate.
- You can upload a maximum of 4 profile pictures.
- There is an option to link your profile to your Instagram account which shows your potential matches more photos of you.
- The “About Me” section lets you write a short introduction about yourself. This appears prominently on your profile, therefore, make it catchy and interesting.
- You can edit and change any details of your profile at any time. In addition, you can change the age or distance range of your potential matches as you prefer.
- The app gives you the option to browse incognito by changing your settings.
- You can message people who have liked you before swiping in the “Liked Me” section.
- You can use choose to boost your profile which gets you more exposure and earns you more matches.
- Use the “Explore” tab which ensures you have no limit to the profiles you can see and like.
- You will be able to see the “Most Eligible” section – the most popular singles in your area.
- With this subscription, you will be able to swipe through profiles of singles from around the world by changing your location.
- Receive read receipts to see if your matches read your messages.
- You can now undo your last swipe.
- You will receive 1 free SuperNote and 5 extra Super Swipes
- This upgrade also lets you see which of your photos get the most right swipes.
If you choose to purchase JSwipe First Class on your iOS device, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, which will be renewed automatically unless you cancel within 24 hours before the current period expires. You can easily turn off the auto-renewal at any time by changing your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase.
On JSwipe, you swipe through one profile at a time just like on Tinder. You can also check multiple photos at a time in the “Explore” section. When swiping, you tap on the blue heart if you are interested, the red X to pass and if you want to use your Super Swipe click on the yellow star.
There’s also a way to view the most popular local singles, but you have to upgrade to “First Class”. In short, this feed will show you the top profiles – who have been right swiped the most in your area.
After matching with a profile, it expires within 18 days which the app uses to ensure that people start chatting immediately and do not “ghost” each other. Therefore, once you make a connection with someone, it is essential for you to reach out immediately before this happens.
Once you match up, one of you has to initiate conversation on the private chat. This works in a similar fashion to text messages or Whatsapp messages where you can send text, emojis or gifs to your match.
The app has all your messages on your Feed section for you to manage and catch up with any of your matches easily. In addition, JSwipe has a notification system for you each time you receive a new message to keep the conversation going.
To use a Super Swipe, just click on the blue star icon under the person’s profile, then select an emoji that best shows your personality and then send. For users on a paid subscription, you get up to 5 Super Swipes per 24 hours at $9.99 per month.
This feature makes your profile more visible increasing your chances of meeting a potential match. It lets you add some personality and jump the line ahead of the other profiles by telling that special someone they are more than just a right swipe.With more than 600,000 singles across the world, Super Swipes help you stand out from the crowd.
To swipe in other locations, select the blue airplane icon on your profile and in the search bar, you can type in the city that you want to receive matches from. This also allows you to meet matches from all over the world according to your preferences. If you do not want to be discoverable or have your location show on your profile, you can easily turn off this setting.
If you have already made a match with someone, these kinds of events offer a perfect venue for the first date. Therefore, be active and take note of when they announce such events on their Facebook page. However, this is helpful only if you live in big cities such as New York, Boston or Washington DC as these are the cities that host most of the events.
How do I delete or deactivate my account?
Deleting your account is made easy by using the settings tab. Simply follow the steps to remove the account. The JSwipe team will send a confirmation that your account has been deleted. Once this is done, you will automatically you lose all your messages and matches.
Uninstalling the app on your phone will not automatically delete your account and you will have to do it manually first. Once the app is deleted, you will not be able to reset but you have to start all over again with a new account.
Take note, that if you were on the “First Class” premium subscription, you will need to discontinue the automatic renewal on your settings to avoid been charged further on your credit card.
Design and usability
JSwipe is only available as an app. You can download it from Google Play or App Store for your Android or iOS device. On Google Play, the app receives positive customer reviews and has a rating of 4 out of 5 stars and 4.3 out of 5 on App Store.
The layout is simple for anyone to use and navigate even if you are not as tech-savvy. As a result, it is popular and has thousands of downloads even from people who are non-Jewish.
Are there any safety concerns?
The app allows you to log in only via your Facebook account which also draws your basic information from your Facebook profile. However, they do not post anything on your profile or notify any of your friends that you have joined the app. This is also a means to verify the profiles and ensure that the people joining the site are real.
In case you come across any suspicious profiles or scammers, you should report them immediately to the JSwipe team who will take action and remove them. This will protect you and other profiles from future scamming. Your details on the app plus messages and profile information are always encrypted and protected from been shared in public.
Are there success stories?
JSwipe has had a remarkable growth, especially among the Millennials since its launch thanks to the amazing technology and superior algorithms. In addition, the niche focus of the app brings together people who have the same background and are looking to meet people with the same faith.
According to the founder David Yarus, this innovation has contributed to a number of serious relationships and even marriages that started at the JSwipe. Additionally, most members on the app have joined in order to meet serious people unlike other casual apps like Tinder.
- This app has a large pool of users in their 20s so if you are a Jewish Millennial, this is the best place to start when looking for a potential partner.
- JSwipe allows you to use key features for free without necessarily paying for a premium subscription.
- Despite the fact that it is built like Tinder, this is not a casual hook up app. You will get more serious people looking to connect and have meaningful relationships.
- If you choose to upgrade to First Class, the price is not as high as some other sites.
- The app is easy to use and navigate. In addition, it uses geo-location to get you matches which is suitable for one on one dates.
- Your matches will expire in 18 days. In comparison with apps like Tinder which keep your matches indefinitely, JSwipe limits this and you have to start talking within that time frame.
- In spite of the large pool of users, this app is most suitable if you live in big cities that have a large population of the Jewish community.
- The only way to sign up to JSwipe is by connecting it to your Facebook. If you don’t have an account, you cannot join the site. In addition, to make changes like changing your name, you have to first edit that on your Facebook page.
- Since it is easy to create an account, it is possible to come across some scammers and fraudulent profiles
- If you are looking for a more casual dating experience, this is not the app for you have to stick with apps like Tinder and Bumble.
To Sum It Up
JSwipe is the best place for you to start if you are looking to meet a Jewish partner, especially in your 20s. However, it may take some time to find a match as the pool of users is not that large.
The women on JSwipe are, as a general rule, a classier bunch compared to what you would find on Tinder. Therefore, make sure that you put some thought into describing yourself and your lifestyle when creating a profile on JSwipe.
The app has one of the most modern and user friendly interfaces. JSwipe site might be the place you meet a future partner who shares and celebrates the Jewish culture just like you, so give it a try.
JSwipe Review; App-based romance for members of the Jewish community
JSwipe has the swiping undertones of Tinder, but with emphasis on lasting relationships and connecting with other members of the Jewish faith. There’s not a huge number of matches on the site, so it may take some time to find “the one”, but the interface is modern and extremely easy to use.