SeniorsMeet is a niche online dating community designed specifically to help senior singles who are looking to meet mature partners with shared interests. The simple site is user friendly and brings older singles and pen pals together that are over 55 years old while offering them a platform to start meaningful relationships.
Once you join SeniorsMeet, your profile will automatically be displayed on OurTime Community at no additional charge. You can access this site via the desktop or simply download on your device either on iOS or Android for easier access.
Creating a profile and sign up process
SeniorsMeet is free to join and you can easily create your profile in a couple of minutes. When registering, you need to select your gender and that of the person you are looking to connect with. Then select your country, zip code, username, a password and your birthday.
Next, you will need to create a profile that gives some details about yourself. The site allows you to upload photo albums that make your profile more noticeable by the other members. Your profile will also need a greeting which is basically a sentence that describes you in a nutshell. It should be unique and make your profile stand out amongst the other members. The greetings must be approved by the SeniorsMeet team to ensure that they are not vulgar or for self-promotion purposes.
How does it work?
Once your profile is set, you can now click on the Search tab to start viewing your potential matches. If the results do not satisfy you or do not meet your criteria, simply refine your search by clicking on the filters and do more of an advanced search in order to glean the best possibilities.
Each day, the website selects potential matches for you to connect with. Simply check the Today’s Matches tab to view these profiles which display one after the other. From this, you can choose “Yes” or “No” against each profile. When you see someone you like, you can send him or her a flirt or a message. However, your messages will only be delivered if you are on a paid subscription. The site also lets you browse for free.
The simple interface doesn’t make it a hassle to register on the site, even if you’re a newbie in the online dating world. After you join the site, searching the members is extremely easy.
- All users can see your profile pictures (free and paid).
- In case you want to edit your profile details, you can do so very easily through the settings tab.
- You get only one chance to edit or change the username you created during sign-up.
- Messages will be sent if you upgrade to premium.
- You can use the search function to look for potential matches.
- Your profile will be listed in the top search results
- The app will show you a full list of your favorite members.
- In case you are having a challenge connecting with the right matches or partner, an upgrade provides you with a chance to get on a live chat with a counselor to assist you in finding the right one. This is extremely rare in the online dating world. It can also be very helpful and give you direction and insight through a live person.
- You can access the ConnectMe call or texting services.
When you are on a Premium account, the SeniorsMeet team ensures that your browsing is not interrupted by automatically renewing your membership until you choose to cancel it. This is important as it will protect you from future price increases and also you get zero service fees on new purchases.
Once you upgrade to a Premium account, you will be charged $29.96 for a one-month membership, $90 for a Standard 6 month’s membership and $101.94 for Value 6 Months Paid Membership.
Once you cancel your subscription, your account remains active until your current subscription comes to an end. During this period, you will enjoy full member benefits as usual.
Once your profile is all set up, you can browse through user profiles by searching through the list of users. You can also connect with other potential suitors by scrolling through the list of Daily Matches provided by the SeniorsMeet team. This provides a very large pool of users for you to choose from. You can also choose to “Favorite” a user that you like so that you can connect with them later.
Communication on SeniorsMeet only happens when you are a paid member. If you write and attempt to send a message on a free account, your message will be saved on the drafts box to be sent later. Additionally, if you use the ConnectMe feature you can communicate anonymously via a phone number specifically generated by the site. With this, you can make a call or send a text message to your match.
It is a simple Yes or No game, if you like a member you select “Yes” and they will get a notification and you can start communicating but only if you are on a paid account. The list of matches that you clicked “Yes” to will be kept in the Matches tab. If the matches do not meet your criteria, you can now go ahead and search including specific filters.
Immediately, if they accept the request, you will receive a phone number that has been generated by the app for you to use to complete the call. You can accept or reject the call using the automated system. If your match does not pick the call, you can leave a voicemail that can be retrieved later within a 30 day period.
The other option with ConnectMe is that you can choose to text instead of calling. Each match is assigned a unique number so you can easily organize this as your list of contacts and reach out when you need to. If you want to remove someone from your list, you can easily remove this connection on the settings. You can only use this feature if you are on a premium subscription. When registering for this, the SeniorsMeet team will reach out to verify your phone via a phone call.
Virtual Birthday Cards
Are there any success stories?
The SeniorsMeet website and app has a success stories section where some of the couples share their testimonials since meeting via the site. The fact that the site attracts people who are 55 and above and looking for something serious contributes to the high success rates. The users are more mature at this stage of life and are not in the online dating world to simply play games typically. They have expectations, they know who they are and what they are looking for.
What is the design and usability?
The site is very interactive and has constant updates on the dating blog section, success stories, dating tips, and discussions from fellow members. The layout is especially simple and easy to use especially since the most if not all the members are over 55 years.
There is also an app that is available both on App Store for iOS and Google Play for Android devices. On Google Play, the app has a rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars and a number of positive customer reviews.
Are there any safety concerns?
SeniorsMeet has a verification system for all the new users to ensure that only legitimate and real people become members. The fact that the site is easy to join when creating a new account attracts so many people including potential scammers who are out to target members for their money.
Since the site targets seniors there are also a number of scammers looking to target the elderly. Management has a tight encryption system that ensures that your private information is not leaked to the public.
In case you come across suspicious profiles, do your due diligence and report them to the SeniorsMeet team for immediate action. This will protect you and other fellow users from potential frauds.
In addition, you can choose to hide your profile. Once you put this into effect this, you will not be visible to any other profiles or have access to any key features of the site. Point to remember if you are a paid member, your subscription will be automatically renewed even if your profile is hidden. You can always unhide the profile at any given time.
How do I delete or deactivate my account?
If you want to delete or deactivate your profile from SeniorsMeet, you can do so easily under the “Settings”, then select “My Account”, answer a few questions and proceed to remove your profile. Before deleting your profile, you need to remove automatic renewal especially if you are on a Premium account. This ensures your credit card is not charged any further.
- The site is very easy to use. Creating a new profile has been made simple which is attractive to many users over 55.
- For seniors looking to start afresh in the dating scene, this is the perfect place to meet like-minded people. The niche focus makes the site very popular among senior singles.
- The site has a verification process for all its members. This is important in ensuring that you meet and talk to profiles that are genuine.
- As a user, you get to enjoy so many unique features such as ConnectMe which allows you to make a call or text your match anonymously via a specific phone number that is generated by the system. This takes the conversation further.
- The “Today’s Matches” section provides you with a list of potential matches and profiles that you can match up with making your work a little bit easier as compared to when you have to search.
- The site has a large number of users exclusively from the United States and Canada. This limits the pool of users to those outside that region and you might not be able to meet someone if you are not in this location.
- On the app, the search function is not as advanced compared to other dating sites. You will not be able to filter the search to extremely specific traits.
- Sites with a demographic of 50+ are high targets for frauds and scammers, there is always a chance that you will come across fake profiles. It is advisable to be cautious at all times.
- You will not be able to send or read any messages unless you are on a Premium membership.
- During sign-up, the site does not have the option to log in via your Facebook account. You will have to fill in your basic details as you register.
To Sum It Up
For more than a decade now, SeniorsMeet has been offering senior singles an opportunity to meet mature people who have similar interests. By providing daily matches and options to search for profiles you might like, the site guarantees you a unique and amazing browsing experience. They have designed a website and an app that is very easy to use even for members that are not as tech-savvy.
So whether you are looking for casual dating, friendship, pen pals, romance or even marriage, Seniors Meet is a perfect platform for you to make that connection. SeniorsMeet is worth every penny as they have a significant member base in North America.
SeniorsMeet; The Online Dating Community for 55+ Singles
SeniorsMeet is an online community of older singles looking for a second chance at love, or a first chance that never came around. It is quick to set up, easy to use, and accommodating for whatever you’re looking for, from casual pen pals to a life partner in the golden years.