Last Updated: October 14, 2019
Meetopolis.com (“Website”) and its related website (together the “Service”) are operated by Meetopolis, LLC, an Arizona Limited Liability Company (“Meetopolis,” “we,” “our,” or “us”).
PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SERVICE. THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS A BINDING ARBITRATION PROVISION THAT INCLUDES A JURY TRIAL WAIVER AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER, AND A CLAUSE THAT GOVERNS THE JURISDICTION AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTES.
- Acceptance of Terms.
- Modifications: This Agreement may be modified or amended at our sole discretion. Your continued use of the Service will require your affirmative acceptance of such modified terms and such terms become effective when we post the updated terms on the Website. You will be provided written notice of any changes by email to the primary email address specified in your Account. It is your responsibility to maintain an up to date email address associated with your Account. The most recent version of these terms will be indicated on the Website at time of posting.
- Contact and hard-copy of these terms: You may contact us in writing at:
- Meetopolis, LLC, 6501 E. Greenway #103-218, Scottsdale, AZ 85254.
- Consent to Terms and Withdrawal of Consent: Your use of the Service in any way establishes your consent to these terms and consent to receipt of these terms in electronic form as posted on the Website. To withdraw your consent, you must cease using the Service and, if applicable, terminate your Account.
- Age: You must be at least 18 years of age to access and use the Service. Persons under the age of 18 are strictly prohibited from accessing or using the Service unless their parent has consented in accordance with applicable law and received permission from Us to create an account.
- By using the Service, you represent that you have never been convicted or pled no contest to a sex crime or violent crime anywhere in the World and you are not required to be registered as a sex offender.
- You represent and warrant that you have the mental capacity, legal rights and proper authority to agree to these terms and that you are capable of abiding by all of the terms and conditions contained herein.
- You are solely responsible for using the Service in your respective legal jurisdiction with regards to any prohibitions related to the use of, or access to, such websites and you are solely responsible for knowing and complying with any laws or regulations related to your access to or use of the Service.
- Usage Fees and Refunds – Limitations on Damages.
- To access and use the Service you must create an account (“Account”) by providing us with information such as your name, contact information, payment information [if applicable], and additional information you may elect to provide. You must provide accurate, current, and complete information during the registration process and keep your Account information up-to-date at all times. You agree that you are solely responsible for protecting your username and password from unauthorized use and all activity that occurs in association with your Account. We are not liable for any loss or damage caused by your failure to maintain the confidentiality of your Account credentials. Please contact us through the support section at email@example.com if you discover or suspect any security breach related to the Service or your Account.
- Terms and conditions of registration for your Account may vary as indicated upon your registering to use the Service. In the event you pay to subscribe to pay-only features of the site, you agree to abide by any terms of such payment system.
- Basic services may be available for use at no cost and such services are offered solely at our discretion and may be changed or discontinued at its sole discretion without liability to you. If you subscribe to a paid service or feature, we may alter or amend the parameters of the terms of your service in conjunction with the specific terms for your level of service. If we discontinue a feature or features, or otherwise de-activate your account or multiple accounts or features of your Service, you agree that your damages are limited to a refund of no more than one month’s fees for such service(s). For instance, if we decide to eliminate a feature that costs $3.00 per month, in the middle of a billing period after which you have been billed that $3.00, you agree that your damages are capped at $3.00 of refund or $3.00 of account credit at our sole discretion.
- For Users who use the free features available to them, you understand and agree that you may have limited or no access to various features that are available exclusively to paying Users and you are not entitled to any refunds or damages in the event your account is terminated for any reason.
- The specific subscription policies that are disclosed to you when you pay to use the Service are incorporated hereto as a part of this Agreement. Absent special offers, you acknowledge and agree that if you are (i) not a subscriber, you will not be able to use all of the available features and services available within the Service, and (ii) non-subscribing Users will not be able to use the Service to communicate with you. A User profile (both paid subscribers and non-paid subscribers) may remain posted on the Service even if that User is not actively using the Service. You acknowledge that although a User’s profile may be viewed, you may not (even as a subscriber) be able to use the Service to communicate with that User if he or she is not then actively using the Service.
- Service Availability.
- The Service is designed for residents of the contiguous U.S., Alaska, and Hawaii. Meetopolis makes no representations that the Service is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Service from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are entirely responsible for compliance with all applicable laws of the United States, local laws, and regulations.
- We may, without prior notice and at our sole discretion, change the Service, stop providing the Service, or features of the Service to you or to Users generally, or create usage limits for the Service. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we will endeavor to take reasonable steps to notify Users prior to discontinuing such features. We may permanently or temporarily terminate or suspend your access to the Service without notice and liability for any reason, including if in our sole determination you violate any provision of this Agreement, or for no reason.
In addition to any other restrictions set forth in this Agreement, you agree not to engage in, attempt to engage in, or permit or assist others in engaging in, any of the following prohibited activities: (i) use any software, script, code, device, crawler, robot, or other means not provided by us to access the Service; (ii) circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features on the Service; (iii) modify, adapt, translate, reverse engineer, decipher, decompile, or otherwise disassemble any portion of the Service; (iv) access or use the Service in any manner that may damage, disable, unduly burden, or impair any part of the Service, or any servers or networks connected to the Service; (v) post information or interact with the Service in in a manner which:
- promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- is fraudulent, libelous, abusive, defamatory, offensive, obscene, profane, harassing, or illegal; or
- is intended to or tends to harass, annoy, threaten or intimidate any other Users;
(vi) use the Service for any illegal purpose or in violation of any law, statute, rule, permit, ordinance or regulation; (vii) gain or attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service; (viii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the Service provided to any User or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Service, spamming, crashing, or otherwise; (ix) engage in commercial use or distribution of the Service, or copy or create any derivative work of the Service; (x) use the Service in any way that infringes or misappropriates any third party’s rights, including intellectual property rights, copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or other proprietary rights, or rights of publicity or privacy; or (xi) use your Account or the Service for the benefit of any third party.
- Limited License Grant.
- Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you are hereby granted a non-exclusive, limited, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, freely revocable license to use the Service for your personal, noncommercial use only and as permitted by the features of the Service. We reserve all rights not expressly granted herein in the Service.
- All data, text, images, logos, software, content, and other information and content available on or through the Service (“Meetopolis Material”), is the property of Meetopolis. The Meetopolis Material is protected by copyright, trademark, and/or other intellectual property laws and you acknowledge and agree that we retain all right, title, and interest in and to the Meetopolis Material. Except as expressly stated in this Agreement, you may not sell, transfer, alter, reproduce, distribute, republish, download, display, post, or transmit any Company Material, in whole or in part, by any means.
- Service Features.
- Use of Coaches – If you use the Service to hire a coach you must agree to a separate Coaching Client Agreement provided at the time of signing up to engage a coach.
- Acting as a Coach – If you use the Service to offer services as a coach you must agree to a separate Coaching Agreement provided at the time of signing up to act as a coach.
- Term and Termination.
- This Agreement will remain in full force and effect while you use the Service and/or are a User and any terms intended to survive after your termination of use of the Service still apply.
- To change or cancel your Account, which you may do at any time for any reason, follow the instructions pertaining to changing or canceling your account in the “Settings” page on the Website.
- You can also cancel or change your Account by sending Meetopolis a written request to the address listed in the Notices section of this Agreement. Include your account/user name, email, and details regarding what you would like us to do. We will take such actions within a reasonable amount of time after receiving any such requests. In the event you cancel an Account or feature of a membership that has a set term, such as a monthly cost for use of certain message features, your cancellation of such services will expire at the end of the most recent term period for which you subscribed and no partial refunds will be issued.
- Canceling certain features of your subscription will not automatically delete or otherwise cancel your overall Account to the site nor will it hide your profile. You will continue to be a User and may still be visible to others on the site unless you specifically enter into your profile settings and elect to delete your profile or cancel your account on any third party site accessed by the Service.
- We may terminate or suspend your Account or features of your account at our sole discretion without notice, subject to the terms herein. Engaging in prohibited conduct or otherwise breaching the terms of this Agreement, such as using the site to advertise without permission, harassment of users, posting of offensive or confidential information may result in a permanent ban from use of the Services at any time without notice. If your Account is terminated due to breach of this Agreement or engaging in prohibited conduct, you will NOT be entitled to any refund whatsoever. Further, you agree to indemnify and defend Meetopolis for any claims made by third-parties for your posting of content using the Service. You agree that Meetopolis is not required to disclose the reasons for your termination or suspension of your Account unless required to do so by a Court of Competent jurisdiction.
- If your Account is terminated for any reason, all terms of this Agreement that are intended to survive will continue to be in full force and effect.
- Non-commercial Use by Users.
The Service is for personal use only. Users may not engage in any unauthorized commercial uses of the Service, including for gathering data or direct or indirect advertising to the Users. Additional prohibited uses include soliciting others to attend commercial functions, raising money for any reason, or to steer users to another site or service. Non-persons, such as businesses, academic institutions or charitable organizations may not use the Service to solicit or contact users without the express written permission of an authorized representative of Meetopolis. Violations of this clause may result in legal action being taken against the person or entities violating these provisions, and you agree that we may seek all available damages and remedies, including punitive damages and equitable remedies against such parties. We reserve all rights in relation to enforcing this provision and any election by us to not take action against a specific breach DOES NOT constitute a waiver to take future action against any prohibited conduct, including the specific breach resulting in giving rise to a claim by Meetopolis.
- Express Reservation of Intellectual Property Rights.
Meetopolis owns and retains all legal rights to the Website and the Service, including all rights to all content, photos, images, logos, patent, trademarks, trade names, service marks and other intellectual property rights related thereto. The Website and the Service contain copyrighted material, trademarks, and other intellectual property of Meetopolis and its licensors. You agree not to copy, modify, transmit, create any derivative works from, make use of, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, trade names, service marks, or other intellectual property or proprietary information accessible on the Website or otherwise through the Service, without first obtaining our prior written consent or, if such property is not owned by us, the owner of such intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to not remove, obscure or otherwise alter any proprietary notices appearing on any content, including copyright, trademark and other intellectual property notices.
Meetopolis provides Customer Service as a courtesy to Users, and as such, you agree to be courteous and patient when communicating with customer service representatives. Any conduct that is reasonably considered to be harassing or inappropriate in your communications with the us may result, at our sole discretion, in suspension or termination of your use of the Service.
Any communications between you and Meetopolis may be recorded or otherwise preserved for quality assurance purposes and you give us the unfettered right to use such communications as the we see fit.
- Payment and Billing. [this may be changed according to how payments will be processed and whether or not a user’s credit card information is stored on your servers]
- For Users accessing paid services or subscriptions, including coaching services, you understand and agree that Meetopolis does and may continue to use a third-party payment gateway or processor to process payments and billing information, and that as part of the process, we may share your billing information and related data with the payment processor if you do not provide the billing information directly to the third-party payment gateway or processor.
- You give Meetopolis the right to use and transmit your billing information for such purposes. You agree that third-party payment gateway or processor may, pursuant to the terms presented to you during the enrollment or sign-up process, charge your account, credit card, debit card, PayPal account, Venmo account, or any other such similar account that you have provided for the agreed upon costs required to provide you with the Services.
- By signing up to use pay features of the Service, you are expressly authorizing our third-party payment gateway or processor to charge your payment provider using the payment method you selected for the service charges you selected, and you understand and agree that such charges will continue until you specifically cancel such charges using the appropriate method provided on the Website.
- You agree that we may correct any billing mistakes and that our liability for any billing mistakes is limited to a refund of any charges made in error to your account.
- The terms of any charges made by Meetopolis may be subject also to terms or agreements between you and the financial institution, credit card issuer or provider of your chosen payment method. If you initiate a chargeback or otherwise reverse a payment made to us, we may suspend or terminate your Account and dispute the reversal, and you will not be entitled to a refund if we are successful in its dispute.
- Your enrollment for any pay features will continue indefinitely until cancelled by you and any related recurring charges will not be subject to a refund if failed to cancel such charges. You understand and agree that your Account will be subject to this automatic renewal feature if and when you enroll in pay for use services.
- When you enroll in any pay for use services, you agree to any charges for any sales tax or related governmental assessments.
- In the event your payment method ceases to permit charges for any reason, and your account features are therefore disabled, you understand and agree that you are solely responsible for updating such information and that your account or access to the pay features of the Service may be suspended until either terminated or until such information is provided to keep your Account in good standing.
- You are solely responsible for maintaining your billing account information and making sure it is accurate. If you believe for any reason that your payment information has been compromised, lost, or stolen, please contact us or provide new billing information and delete your old information.
- User Content Policy
You are solely responsible for, and assume all liability regarding: the information and content you post, transmit, publish, or otherwise make available through the Service; and your interactions with other Users through the Service.
Meetopolis does not routinely monitor or pre-screen posted content by Users but reserves the right to pre-screen, refuse, or remove any posted content posted that in Meetopolis’ sole discretion violates this Agreement, is determined to be objectionable, is disparaging to other Users, may violate any applicable law, the spirit of this Agreement, or upon the request of any third party.
The Service or Website may contain content posted by other Users. Meetopolis is not responsible for and does not control User Content. Meetopolis has no obligation to review or monitor, and does not approve, endorse or make any representations or warranties with respect to User posted content. If you repost or in any other way use any User posted content you do so at your own risk.
- Copyright Policy; Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement.
Users are not permitted and are expressly prohibited from posting, reproducing or any other unauthorized use of any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information on the Website or otherwise through the Service without first obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. By agreeing to these terms, you acknowledge that all posted content is the sole responsibility of the party posting that content.
If you believe that your intellectual property has been used in any unauthorized way, please submit via the Notice clause contained herein a written explanation of your allegation of misuse to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Your name, contact information, the name and contact information for the copyright or rights holder if other than yourself, and the name and contact information of any other person, agent, or attorney authorized to act on behalf of the copyright or rights holder.
- A description of the work that you claim has been infringed
- A description of where on the Website or the Service where the disputed content has been placed.
- A statement, signed by you electronically or in writing, under penalty of perjury, stating that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the content is unauthorized and that you are authorized to make a claim on behalf of the rights’ holder.
Meetopolis will use is best efforts to respond to all submissions in a timely manner.
- Communications from Meetopolis.
- You agree that the Meetopolis and its agents or assigns, are not responsible for, nor have any liability to you for any incorrect or inaccurate content provided on the Website or via the Services provided by us except as otherwise specified in this Agreement.
- You agree that we will not have any liability to you for damages resulting from any interruption of Service, or lack of timeliness, deletion, or removal of any Content or Features on the Website or of the Service.
- You agree that, other than a refund for any actual unauthorized charges made to you in error, Meetopolis has no other liability to you for any unauthorized access to your information originating from our operations of the Service or Website. If any unauthorized access to your account results from your conduct, equipment, or internet access, you are solely responsible for any resulting damage or associated costs.
- Meetopolis does not conduct criminal background or identity verification checks on its Users, including coaches. Use your best judgment when interacting with others.
- You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Users and any other parties with whom you interact through the Service. Meetopolis reserves the right to intercede in disputes between Users but is not obligated to do so. You agree that Meetopolis will not be responsible for any liability incurred as the result of such interactions between Users.
- YOU UNDERSTAND THAT MEETOPOLIS DOES NOT CONDUCT CRIMINAL BACKGROUND OR IDENTITY VERIFICATION CHECKS ON ITS USERS, INCLUDING COACHES, OR OTHERWISE INQUIRE INTO THE BACKGROUND OF ITS USERS. MEETOPOLIS MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO THE CONDUCT, IDENTITY, INTENTIONS, LEGITIMACY, OR VERACITY OF USERS. MEETOPOLIS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CONDUCT—AND YOU AUTHORIZE MEETOPOLIS TO CONDUCT—ANY CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK OR OTHER SCREENINGS (SUCH AS SEX OFFENDER REGISTER SEARCHES) AT ANY TIME USING AVAILABLE PUBLIC RECORDS, AND YOU AGREE THAT ANY INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE MAY BE USED FOR THAT PURPOSE. IF MEETOPOLIS DECIDES TO CONDUCT ANY SCREENING THROUGH A CONSUMER REPORTING AGENCY, YOU HEREBY AUTHORIZE MEETOPOLIS TO OBTAIN AND USE A CONSUMER REPORT ABOUT YOU TO DETERMINE YOUR ELIGIBILITY UNDER THESE TERMS.
- YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER USERS. SEX OFFENDER SCREENINGS AND OTHER TOOLS DO NOT GUARANTEE YOUR SAFETY AND ARE NOT A SUBSTITUTE FOR FOLLOWING APPROPRIATE SAFETY MEASURES AND OTHER SENSIBLE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS. ALWAYS USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND TAKE APPROPRIATE SAFETY PRECAUTIONS WHEN COMMUNICATING WITH OR MEETING NEW PEOPLE.
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MEETOPOLIS PROVIDES WEBSITE, AND ITS SERVICE ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND GRANTS NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICE (INCLUDING ALL CONTENT AND FUNCATIONALITY CONTAINED THEREIN), INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF SATISFACTORY QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. MEETOPOLIS DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SERVICE OR WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, SECURE OR THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS SERVICE OR WEBSITE WILL BE CORRECTED. ANY MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICE IS ACCESSED AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR AND HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION WITH RESPECT TO ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM, INTERNET ACCESS, DOWNLOAD OR DISPLAY DEVICE, OR LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA THAT RESULTS OR MAY RESULT FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH MATERIAL. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO DOWNLOAD OR OBTAIN ANY MATERIAL THROUGH THE SERVICE OR WEBSITE.
- We may create test profiles for the purpose of testing the functionality of the Service.
- We may permit third-party advertisers to post content on or to use the Service. All such content is the sole responsibility of the third-party providing the content, and we make no representations or warranties with regards to the quality of any product or service offered thereby. You agree that we bear no liability and make no guarantees whatsoever for your use of any product or service offered by the third-parties and you are solely responsible for conducting research and due-diligence before contracting with or obtaining any product or service from such third-parties. Meetopolis will not be liable under any circumstances for your reliance upon any content or information posted by third-parties. If you have any issue with any advertiser or third-party, please contact them directly to resolve any issues.
- Any content, including any advice, opinions or information are provided for informational and entertainment purposes only and should not be relied upon for anything other than entertainment purposes. You agree that any reliance upon such information for any purpose other than entertainment is at your own risk.
- Meetopolis may, on a select basis at its own discretion, release all or part of the information (other than billing information) you provided to us for advertising purposes.
- If you live in a state that do not allow for the disclaimer of certain warranties, the disclaimers above may not apply to you.
You agree that any dealings with any third-parties you meet via the Service are entirely between you and the third-party and that we have no liability, directly or indirectly for any damage or loss allegedly created or caused by your interaction with those third-parties.
- Alerts and Notifications.
By entering into this Agreement or using the Service, you agree to receive communications from us, including e-mails, postings to the Website, and other electronic communications. Standard message and data rates apply to all messages sent to or received from us. Any notices, agreements, disclosures, or other communications that we send to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that the communication be in writing.
- Limitation on Liability and Your Waiver of Statute of Limitations.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL MEETOPOLIS, ITS AGENTS, ASSIGNS, AFFILIATES, BUSINESS PARTNERS, LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, RELIANCE, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA OR PROGRAMS, SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS AND PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO MEETOPOLIS FOR ANY SERVICES. YOU AGREE THAT REGARDLESS OF ANY STATUTE OR LAW TO THE CONTRARY, ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO USE OF THE SERVICE OR THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE YEAR AFTER SUCH CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION AROSE OR BE FOREVER BARRED.
- Dispute Resolution.
- You agree to use best efforts to settle any dispute, claim, question, or disagreement directly through consultation and good faith negotiations with Meetopolis, which will be a precondition to either party initiating arbitration. If the parties do not reach an agreed upon solution within thirty (30) days from the time the informal dispute resolution is pursued, then either party may initiate binding arbitration as detailed below.
- By using the Service in any manner, you agree to arbitrate any disputes between you and Meetopolis that cannot be settled under the informal process described above. By doing so, YOU GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO GO TO COURT to make or defend any claims between you and Meetopolis (except for matters that may be taken to small-claims court as described below).The exclusive means of resolving any dispute or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement (including any alleged breach thereof), the Service will be BINDING ARBITRATION administered by the American Arbitration Association under the Consumer Arbitration Rules in effect at the time any claims is brought. The only exception to the exclusivity of arbitration is that you have the right to bring an individual claim against Meetopolis in a small-claims court of competent jurisdiction. Regardless of whether you choose arbitration or small-claims court, you agree that you will NOT under any circumstances commence or maintain against Meetopolis any class action, class arbitration, or other representative action or proceeding.
- TO BE CLEAR, BY USING ANY SITE(S) OR SERVICE(S) OF MEETOPOLIS, YOU GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR OTHER CLASS PROCEEDING. Your rights will be determined by a NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR, NOT A JUDGE OR JURY. The arbitrator will determine all issues regarding the arbitrability of the dispute. You are entitled to a fair hearing before the arbitrator. The arbitrator can grant any relief that a court can, but you should note that arbitration proceedings are often more streamlined than trials or other judicial proceedings. Decisions by the arbitrator are enforceable in court and may be overturned by a court only for very limited reasons. The procedures and rules of the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. § 1, et seq. shall exclusively govern the interpretation and enforcement of any arbitration. The AAA Rules are available at www.adr.org/arb_med or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879.
- Jurisdiction: Any proceeding to enforce this arbitration agreement may be commenced in any court of competent jurisdiction. This includes any proceeding to confirm, modify, or vacate an arbitration award. If this arbitration agreement is found to be unenforceable for any reason, any litigation against Meetopolis (except for small-claims court actions) may be commenced only in the federal or state courts located in Maricopa County, Arizona. You hereby irrevocably consent to the jurisdiction of those courts for such purposes.
- Choice of Laws: This Agreement, and any dispute between you and Meetopolis, will be governed by the laws of the state of Arizona without regard to principles of conflicts of law, provided that this arbitration agreement will be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act.
- Your Indemnification of Meetopolis.
You agree to indemnify and hold Meetopolis, its agents, assigns, subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their officers, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, damages or demands, including reasonable attorney’s fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of or failure to comply with this Agreement (including any breach of your representations and warranties contained herein), any postings or Content you post that result from your use of the Service, and/or the violation of any law or regulation by you. Meetopolis reserves the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you agree to fully cooperate with Meetopolis in connection therewith.
The following provisions are added to this Agreement for subscribers residing in Arizona, California, Connecticut, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, New York, North Carolina, Ohio and Wisconsin:
You, the buyer (User), may cancel this agreement, without penalty or obligation, at any time prior to midnight of the third business day following the original date of this contract, excluding Sundays and holidays. To cancel this agreement, mail or deliver a signed and dated notice which states that you, the buyer (User), are canceling this agreement, or words of similar effect. This notice must be sent to: Meetopolis, LLC, Attn: Cancellations, 6501 E. Greenway #103-218, Scottsdale, AZ, 85254, USA (in addition, California and Ohio users may email us at email@example.com). Please include your username and email address in any correspondence or your refund may be delayed. If you cancel, we return, within ten (10) days of the date on which you give notice of cancellation and such notice is received by us, any payments you have made. If you send or deliver the notice to cancel your subscription agreement within such initial three-day period, we will refund the full amount of your subscription.
In the event that you die before the end of your subscription period, your estate will be entitled to a refund of that portion of any payment you had made for your subscription which is allocable to the period after your death. In the event that you become disabled (such that you are unable to use the services) before the end of any subscription period, you will be entitled to a refund of that portion of any payment you had made for your subscription which is allocable to the period after your disability by providing Meetopolis notice.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding this agreement.